As we enter lockdown 3.0 to help prevent further spread of coronavirus, unlike the first national lockdown implemented in March 2020, the government are keeping the property market open for business and have confirmed that moving house is an acceptable reason to leave your home. This will apply to buyers, sellers, estate agents, surveyors, removal companies etc.
The guidance states:
“You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings. Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.”
Responsible behavior by everyone involved and adherence to safety guidance throughout is more important than ever. At Perry Bishop we take our responsibilities to our colleagues, clients and customers very seriously and will do what it takes to minimise any risk. We are adhering to best practice guidelines provided by the Government and Public Health England
Policies and Guidance for Vendors
- We are operating a ‘no shaking hands policy’
- We are encouraging our customers to contact us by phone, email and social media where possible and avoid unnecessary visits to our offices
- If you have recently returned from one of the high-risk countries detailed on the Government website, we would respectfully ask you to contact us by phone or email rather than coming to our offices.
- If you are a client (tenant, potential buyer, seller or landlord) and are self-isolating upon official medical advice, please make us aware before making arrangements for an office or home appointment. Please let us know if you have any symptoms or have been asked to isolate prior to appointments taking place as they will need to be rearranged.
- We will do the same and viewers are asked to confirm they have no symptoms before attending.
- First viewings will be by video wherever possible. Only second viewings will be conducted in person to minimise risk.
- Wherever possible we would ask that you vacate your property during a viewing to reduce the number of people in an enclosed space. If the weather is not conducive to spending time in the garden perhaps you could sit in the car or garage but please dress warmly! If it is not possible for you to leave the building please ensure you are wearing a clean mask and we will do the same.
- It is important that we minimise the number of people in enclosed spaces at any one time. We will ensure that viewers are from one household and limited to a maximum of two. Where buyers live separately, we will need to conduct two separate viewings, cleaning down surfaces in between each appointment. Children are not able to join their parents for the appointment.
- Please leave doors open to minimise our colleagues’ need to touch any surfaces in your home.
- Good ventilation is essential – please ensure rooms are aired and where possible leave windows open slightly to allow fresh air to circulate internally.
- Your viewers will not be allowed to enter your property unless they are wearing a facemask and will be asked not to touch surfaces. Our viewing colleagues will sanitise any surfaces they touch before leaving the appointment.
- A minimum of 2 meter distancing will be maintained at all times.
We have worked hard to provide videos on as many of our properties as we can for use as a ‘first viewing’, and will continue to do so. These are e-mailed to potential buyers and if appropriate shared on our social media. If you would prefer not to have one of us visit in order to do this, we would be happy to receive a video taken on your mobile phone. Please call your local office for quick tips on how best to do this.
Policies and Guidance for Buyers
- Wherever possible we will provide you with a virtual video viewing of properties as a first viewing.
- Second viewings will be conducted in person but are limited to two adults from the same household and no children. Further visits will only be allowed under exceptional circumstances.
- We will ask you to confirm you have had no symptoms of coronavirus recently or have been asked to shield.
- Please bring appropriate and clean PPE. Viewings will not be able to go ahead without a face covering unless you can provide evidence of exemption.
- Please do not touch any surfaces, door handles etc. Our colleague meeting you at the property will do that for you.
- Please maintain a minimum of 2 meter distance at all times.
- Appointments should be conducted in as short a time as possible.
- Please don’t touch any surfaces – our colleagues can do this for you and we will have asked the owner to leave doors open etc.
- We are regrettably not able to offer viewing appointments if you have not yet agreed a sale on your property and your live out of the local area.
Those renting a property, letting agents and landlords should be aware of and follow the government guidance on coronavirus and renting which contains further advice that may also be applicable such as on possession proceedings, repairs, maintenance and health and safety.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions. In the meantime, we thank you for your co-operation and understanding and we look forward to moving you in as safe a way as possible.