We remain vigilant in our efforts to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and have procedures in place to protect our workforce, our clients and those we show around our properties. Here’s a reminder of the current Government guidance for moving house which informs our policies for minimizing risks.
Policies and Guidance for Vendors
- If you are a client (tenant, potential buyer, seller or landlord) and are self-isolating upon official medical advice, please make us aware before making arrangements for an office or home appointment. Please let us know if you have any symptoms or have been asked to isolate prior to appointments taking place as they will need to be rearranged.
- We will do the same and viewers are asked to confirm they have no symptoms before attending.
- First viewings will be by video wherever possible. Only second viewings will be conducted in person to minimise risk.
- Wherever possible we would ask that you vacate your property during a viewing to reduce the number of people in an enclosed space. If the weather is not conducive to spending time in the garden perhaps you could sit in the car or garage but please dress warmly! If it is not possible for you to leave the building please ensure you are wearing a clean mask and we will do the same.
- It is still important that we minimise the number of people in enclosed spaces at any one time. However, we are no longer legally limited on numbers or different households.
- Please leave doors open to minimise our colleagues’ need to touch any surfaces in your home.
- Good ventilation is essential – please ensure rooms are aired and where possible leave windows open slightly to allow fresh air to circulate internally.
- We request that people viewing wear a facemask and will be provided with sanitiser.
We have worked hard to provide videos on as many of our properties as we can for use as a ‘first viewing’, and will continue to do so. These are e-mailed to potential buyers and if appropriate shared on our social media. If you would prefer not to have one of us visit in order to do this, we would be happy to receive a video taken on your mobile phone. Please call your local office for quick tips on how best to do this.
Policies and Guidance for Buyers
- Wherever possible we will provide you with a virtual video viewing of properties as a first viewing.
- We will ask you to confirm you have had no symptoms of coronavirus recently or have been asked to shield.
- We request that you wear a facemask and we will have hand sanitiser available.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions. In the meantime, we thank you for your co-operation and understanding and we look forward to moving you in as safe a way as possible.